About the Tel Aviv University Alumni Organization
Tel Aviv University is Israel's largest research university, embracing the broadest scope of study and research disciplines, and enjoying international acclaim and prestige.
In May 2015 Tel Aviv University established its Alumni Organization, a meaningful component of the vision of University President Prof. Joseph Klafter. The task of building the new Organization was placed in the capable hands of Sigal Adar, Head of the TAU Alumni Organization and General Director of the Friends of Tel Aviv University, and appointed Executive Director Sigalit Ben Hayoun.
Tel Aviv University is currently investing substantial resources in its new Alumni Organization, aiming to develop an innovative, interesting, top-quality entity. The Organization will cultivate ties between the University and generations of alumni, as well as amongst the alumni themselves. Since many TAU alumni are prominent members of the country's social, cultural and economic leaderships, the enhanced connections will serve one of the University's major goals: expanding and fortifying its role as a pillar of Israeli society.
Accordingly, the Alumni Organization aims to leverage the influence of TAU alumni as a force contributing to Israeli society. It will strive to serve graduates by sharing knowledge, promoting professional networking, and creating inspiring, valuable opportunities.
This bolstered bond is seen as highly beneficial for both parties: while influential, inspiring alumni enhance the value and reputation of the university, a renowned, outstanding university raises the value of every graduate's degree.
Many of Tel Aviv University's over 180,000 alumni are top players and leaders in all sectors of Israel's economy and society, holding key positions in law, high-tech, hospitals, media, education and of course academia.
- Tel Aviv University has been ranked eighth in US Patents on the NAI's 2016 ranking of foreign patents in the USA.
- Tel Aviv University has been ranked ninth in the PitchBook Universities Report, in number of graduates who founded venture-capital-backed startups.
- Graduates of TAU's Business School rank 11th in the world and 1st in Israel.
- Graduates of TAU's Medical, Law and Accounting Schools lead in both grades and success rates in national qualifying exams.
- Graduates of TAU's School of Computer Science are in greatest demand by the hi-tech industry.
- Many graduates of TAU's Theater Arts Department hold leading positions in Israel's theater sector.
- The Steve Tisch School of Film & Television at TAU has been elected by the Hollywood Reporter magazine as one of the world's 15 top film schools – for the 3rd year in a row. The Tisch School is the only Israeli representative on the prestigious list.
- Many Graduates of TAU's School of Music play with leading orchestras in Israel and worldwide.
The Alumni Organization offers TAU graduates a range of special events:
- The series 'Encounters with Inspiring Alumni', comprising three annual meetings, in which successful TAU alumni tell their personal stories in a warm, inspirational atmosphere. Each meeting also includes additional enrichment and/or entertainment: Tips for Success, musical performances and more…
- A series of events on career development entitled 'When Academia Meets Industry', targeting younger graduates. The series was launched in March 2016, in collaboration with the Dean of Students' Career Development Center.
- '60 Years in Search of the Unknown', an unprecedented event for all alumni through the generations, initiated by the University's President as part of TAU's 60th anniversary celebrations. Held on campus on June 6 2016, the event concluded with a brilliant performance by Shalom Hanoch and the Big Band, hosting Aviv Geffen and Ninet.