About the Tel Aviv University Alumni Organization
The Tel Aviv University Alumni Organization is operating since May 2015, headed by Sigalit Ben Hayoun.
Tel Aviv University is Israel's largest research university, embracing the broadest scope of study and research disciplines, and enjoying international acclaim and prestige.
Tel Aviv University invests substantial resources in its Alumni Organization, aiming to develop an innovative, interesting, top-quality entity. The Organization strives to cultivate ties between TAU and its 200K alumni, and encourage intra-networking within the alumni community. Since many TAU alumni are prominent members of the country's social, cultural and economic leaderships, the enhanced connections will serve one of the University's major goals: expanding and fortifying its role as a pillar of Israeli society.
TAU Alumni Organization's objective is to leverage the influence of TAU alumni as a force contributing to Israeli society and to strengthen TAU’s global reputation. It strives to serve TAU Alumni by sharing knowledge, promoting professional networking, and creating inspiring, valuable opportunities.
This bolstered bond is seen as highly beneficial for both parties: while influential, inspiring alumni enhance the value and reputation of the university, a renowned, outstanding university raises the value of every graduate's degree.
The organization's mission is forming A World Changing Community, and we are very proud of the TAU Alumni worldwide hard at work with this purpose at heart and of their great contribution to the community and to the country thus affecting our future and changing the world.
Many of Tel Aviv University's over 200,000 alumni are top players and leaders in all sectors of Israel's economy and society, holding key positions in law, high-tech, hospitals, media, education and of course academia.
- Tel Aviv University is ranked eighth globally and first in Israel in the number of undergraduate entrepreneur alumni who raised capital according to the 2021 Pitchbook index. This is TAU's fourth year in eighth place after four consecutive years in ninth place globally and first outside the US. The ranking for 2021 is based on 912 TAU alumni entrepreneurs who raised $ 26.8 billion for 761 companies.
- TAU's Coller School of Management alumni rank 13th in the world and 1st in Israel, with 351 alumni raising $ 8.8 billion for 330 companies.
- TAU's Steve Tisch School of Film and Television has been named one of the 21 best film schools in the world, according to the 2021 ranking published by the American Film Industry Magazine 'The Warp'.
- TAU’s Faculty of Medicine is ranked first in Israel according to the World Universities ranking of Times Higher Education for 2022
- Alumni of TAU's Medical, Law and Accounting Schools lead in both grades and success rates in national qualifying exams.
- Alumni of TAU's Blavatnik School of Computer Science are in greatest demand by the hi-tech industry.
- Many graduates of TAU's Theater Arts Department hold leading positions in Israel's theater sector.
- TAU's Steve Tisch School of Film & Television has been elected by the Hollywood Reporter magazine as one of the world's 15 top film schools – for the 3rd year in a row. The Tisch School is the only Israeli representative on the prestigious list.
- Many Graduates of TAU's School of Music play with leading orchestras in Israel and worldwide.
The Alumni Organization offers TAU graduates a range of special events:
- The series 'Encounters with Inspiring Alumni', comprising three annual meetings, in which successful TAU alumni tell their personal stories in a warm, inspirational atmosphere. Each meeting also includes additional enrichment and/or entertainment: Tips for Success, musical performances and more…
- A series of events on career development entitled 'Speeding Towards Success', targeting younger graduates. The series was launched in March 2016, in collaboration with the Dean of Students' Career Development Center.
- '60 Years in Search of the Unknown', an unprecedented event for all alumni through the generations, initiated by the University's Management as part of TAU's 60th anniversary celebrations. Held on campus on June 6 2016, the event concluded with a brilliant performance by Shalom Hanoch and the Big Band, hosting Aviv Geffen and Ninet.
- 'As Far As Possible, Honoring Groudbreaking Alumni', a TAU tribute to its 200K alumni, who are making our lives (and the lives of Millions around the world) better, more comfortable and more meaningful. This event was held on campus on June 16 2019, was attended by 4,000 alumni, and concluded with a performance by Yehuda Poliker, with musical guests Miri Mesika and Berry Sakhrof.