Unstoppable: TAU Alumna Danielle Wolfson, First Israeli woman to conquer the summit of Mount Everest
The Tel Aviv University Alumni Organization, Headed by Sigalit Ben Hayoun, hosted Adv. Daniel Wolfson, Lawyer, Mountaineer, first Israeli woman to conquer the summit of Mount Everest alumna of TAU’s Buchmann Faculty of Law, who gave an online lecture to about 400 TAU alumni in our latest Webinar.
Prof. Yishai Blank, dean of TAU’s Buchmann Faculty of Law and alumnus of TAU’s Buchmann Faculty of Law and Faculty of Humanities, greeted the viewers and noted, among other things, the importance of the Tel Aviv Berkeley LL. M. program in the faculty (the same program of which Daniel Wolfson is an alumna) and mentioned that the time to sign up to the program is now, as registration is currently open.
Adv. Daniel Wolfson enthusiastically shared her inspiring story and shared her many insights on the way to the summit of Mount Everest, after suffering a skiing accident:
- "Every person has their own Everest. Don't be afraid to dream and don't be afraid to make your dreams come true."
- "Dare to do things, even without the environment’s approval. You must persevere and build a solid plan."
- "it is possible to dare, to dream big and fulfill your biggest and scariest dreams, If you really want to."
- "Just like in mountain climbing, going back does not mean failure, or that we are not ok. Going backwards or making a stop benefits our destination on our way to the goal we want to reach."
- "Make more room for real problems and less room for imaginary problems"
- "Life is a series of tiny Everests so start conquering here and now"
- "I succeeded against all odds, and I promise you that you will succeed if you really want to!".
- "I am a mother, a lawyer and also a mountaineer. My way is to combine things, do them in the best way I can and be happy."
The Tel Aviv University Alumni Organization
Tel Aviv University has more than 200,000 alumni, including many who are top players and leaders in all sectors of Israel's economy and society, holding key positions in law, high-tech, hospitals, media, education and of course academia. The Objective of the TAU Alumni Organization is to leverage the influence of TAU alumni as a force contributing to Israeli society and to strengthen TAU’s global reputation. It strives to serve TAU Alumni by sharing knowledge, promoting professional networking, and creating inspiring, valuable opportunities for our alumni community in Israel and around the world. Our mission is to nurture a World Changing Community.